Skip to the content
- We are finite, limited beings; so too are our conversations.
- Therefore, it is not just some of us who are up against ignorance and impatience; we all reach the end of our knowledge (of a given topic) or the time we have to study or discuss.
- The more controversial the topic or point, the more urgently realisation of these limitations is needed on both/all sides.
- Summarizing,Â generalizingÂ statements are conversation-ending/stopping ones. Â Questions & clarifications are conversation-developing ones. Â Again – all conversations have limited time within which to take place.
- Sometimes I wonder if reason is a little bit better at deconstructing arguments than constructing them.