Many books are on my desk at the moment. Books for my theological study, and books for my personal interest. I have too many books on my desk. I cannot read them all…
Yet this did not prevent me from picking up 7 more books on our recent trip to the states…
- The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an ordinary radical – Shane Claiborne. ‘Save-the -World’ Christianity, as expoused by scholar-with-dreds-man, Claiborne. Should be cool.
- The Lord & His Prayer – N.T. Wright. Analysis of the greatest prayer by a great New Testament scholar. Nuff said.
- Finding Darwin’s God: A Scientist’s Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution – Kenneth R. Miller. Respected Biologist presents science and faith as friends. Been wanting to read this one for a while.
- Jesus for President – Shane Claiborne & Chris Haw. Might be one of my new most-recommended books. Looks to be well-researched. Loving the creative format!
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief – Francis Collins. Human genome mapper and reconciler of faith and science. Looking forward to this one.
- Christ The Lord: The Road to Cana – Anne Rice. I used to write about blood and vampires, now I’ve committed my writing to Jesus. Who am I? Meet Anne Rice.
- God’s Mechanics: How Scientists and Engineers Make Sense of Religion – Brother GuyConsolmagno, S.J. I’ve been loving his articles over at Thinking Faith. Been looking forward to reading this one!
Ask me next year if I’ve gotten to half of them! :)